Fortæl dine venner om denne vare:
Shel Talmy was the American maverick known for shepherding the visceral sound of groups like the Who, the Kinks and the Easybeats to the top of the British charts. Yet his production resume includes a brace of spirited female artists and some fabulous, state-of-the-art Brit girl sounds.
"Shel's Girls" gathers together the best moments from Talmy's girl recordings of the mid-60s, and adds several unheard gems from a recent extended foray into his remarkable archive.
Most of the contents of "Shel's Girls" derives from the golden Brit-girl era of 1964-1966, but the Motown-esque 'Shoulder to Cry On', from former Family Dogg-er Christine Holmes, dates from 1969. At the other end of the spectrum, Debbie Sharron's teen weepie 'Cruel Way To Be' is a rare Hollywood production from 1962, just before Talmy departed for the UK.
"Shel's Girls" comes with detailed notes and some eye-popping visuals on these fabulous females. File alongside "Love Hit Me", "Scratch My Back" and other recent Ace explorations of the beat chick world.
FROM THE PLANET RECORDS VAULTS
|Medie||Musik CD (Compact Disc)|
|Mål||142 × 125 × 10 mm|
- No More Love - Liz Shelley
- Surrender - Perpetual Langley
- Guess I'm Dumb - Dani Sheridan
- Oo-chang-a-lang - the Orchids
- You Don't Care - Van Lenton
- Say You Will - Margo & the Marvettes
- A Ladies Man - Colette & the Bandits
- Make Me Your Baby - Liz Shelley
- Cruel Way to Be - Debbie Sharron
- We Wanna Stay Home - Perpetual Langley
- Songs of Love - Dani Sheridan
- Surrender - Plain & Fancy
- A Shoulder to Cry on - Christine Holmes
- Gonna Make Him Mine - the Orchids
- Don't Forget - Sherri Weine
- You Made Me Hurt - Liz Shelley
- Gotta Get Away - Van Lenton
- Grave Digger - Unknown Beat Girls
- Two by Two - Perpetual Langley
- A Strange World - Stevie Holly
- Stay at Home - the Orchids
- This Heart is Not for Sale - Margo & the Marvettes
- Tar and Cement - Liz Shelley
- So Sad - Perpetual Langley